Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Over the Rainbow

From Albuquerque, one of my favorite moments.

We were just sitting around, waiting for the last of the participants to trickle in, so I asked the program director Mark if I might strum his guitar a bit.  Out of nowhere one of the participants, a young lady named Sarah, raised her hand as if to indicate she was to begin singing.  You can see my surprise register at first; after that, I just tried to keep up.  This is why I love this trip, and this project.



Some other shots from our time in New Mexico:


































program director, Mark Narvaez (above)






















George Miles (above) provided some musical inspiration w/ his dulcimer.








































More images via the Facebook group.

Continued great work by my friend, sidekick, and photographer, Andrew Christiano.

4 comments:

  1. Her singing is magical--try to get in the right key next time! Beautiful, man. Safe journey and thanks for sharing.
    Andy K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is priceless! Doesn't matter if it is in the right key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Stevie Wonder might note, it was definitely a "Song In The Key Of Life". A framed moment & memory I will always cherish.....Music filling-up sacred space, bridging generations! Continued best wishes as you travel on to that place where the road & the sky collide.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touching! That musical experience surely made everyone's day. Can't wait to see what's next on your journey. / Anna

    ReplyDelete